The classically beautiful building at Meraner Strasse 7 was built in 1909 as a residential and commercial building with two side wings and a spacious cellar. It has recently been restored to its original splendour. The elegantly simple façade is brought to life by bay windows with connected balconies and historic lattice windows. Inside, the building reveals its full splendour. In the restored entranceway and staircase, modern furnishing elements blend perfectly with magnificent Art Nouveau details. Even the elevator, in its original and historic form, adds to the grandeur. Behind the house, an unexpected oasis opens up. The newly designed, green, inner courtyard offers seating and a beautiful view of the stairwell tower.
Meraner No.7 lies in Schöneberg’s quietest and most elegant residential quarter: the Bavarian Quarter. Characterised by stately façades and green oases, the neighbourhood’s elegant Altbau buildings speak of glamorous times, and the neighbourly atmosphere is very welcoming. It is also ideally located between City West and East – enjoying the best of both “worlds”. While the eastern city centre, between the Brandenburg Gate, Potsdamer Platz and Gendarmenmarkt, is home to cultural highlights such as the State Opera and Museum Island, the western city centre, between Savignyplatz and Ku’damm, offers café culture and exclusive shopping experiences.